Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Here We Go Again!

It is that time of year! Springtime! When trees and flowers blossom.  Birds sing beautiful songs, weather warms up, days become longer. We itch for the opportunity to spend more time outside!  Oh yeah, don't forget about the tornadoes!  Yes, I said it. Tor-nad-oes.  I hate Springtime in Oklahoma because of these things!
I woke up this morning, feeling pretty good.  Delicious coffee and an egg-white scramble with mushrooms & spinach.  Quiet time with my Lord and Savior. All is well!
Then we walked outside to go to the library. (Again, sounds fantastic.)  Immediately after pulling my car out of the shop (an okie's version of a garage), it fogged up and water was dripping down my windshield.  It was not raining! It is just a thick, soupy mess that makes perfect weather for those stinkin' tornadoes and severe weather.  I pulled the car back into the shop, and decided my time would be better spent checking on our battery supply, charging the lanterns, cell phones, DS games, gathering candles, lighters and important paperwork.  Now that the news channel considers us "ready" for a severe weather outbreak, we are battin' down the hatches and preparing for straight line winds, hail the size of baseballs, and those twisty things that tie my stomach in knots at the mere mention of a possible outbreak.
So, this is the Psalm I will be reciting all afternoon and evening:  

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God in whom I trust.
Surely He will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with His feathers, 
and under his wings you will find refuge;
His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
I will not fear the terror of night, 
nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side, 
ten thousand at your right hand, 
but it will not come near you.
You will only observe with your eyes 
and see the punishment of the wicked.
If you make the Most High your dwelling-
even the Lord, who is refuge-
then no harm will befall you, 
no disaster will come near your tent.
For He will command His angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands, 
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
You will tread upon the lion and cobra;
you will trample the great lion and serpent.
Because He loves me, says the Lord, 
I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble, 
I will deliver him and honor him
and show him my salvation.
Psalm 91

It is amazing how reading his promises and reminding ourselves of His power and love can calm even the most fearful of hearts.  To know with out a doubt that I am loved by Him, bought by Him, and redeemed by Him.  I am His, and He commands His angels to watch over and help me! Praise You Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment