Monday, December 15, 2014

Me

I have been silent for far too long. Somewhere along this journey, my voice has faded into an echo of what others thought of it. I have spent the last year searching for it. For that one thing that makes me stand out from the crowd. I have come up empty on many occasion. It was then that I realized, it was my voice.  It was so hard to find, as I did not recognize the sound. Cold and alone, it sat yearning to be full and vibrant again.  Step by step layers have been removed, only to reveal imperfections.  At first I saw this as a set back. I didn't want to find it again, only for it to be damaged.  To my surprise, it was the imperfections that gave it light.  With every crack and stain came a story.  Some of tragedy, loss and poor decision making.  Yet, in all of them stood triumph. The victory lies in the strength to rise again.  It is the courage to continue on a path. Whether it is smooth, or one of the most terrifying it's ever seen.  The wisdom to accept it, as it is, in all of it's glorious mess and use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment