Saturday, January 5, 2013

Just a Glimpse

Sometimes in life, we make really poor choices.  Often times, it starts with one little choice, that snowballs into ginormous mess of consequences.  Yes, I have made a few of those.  It left me feeling inadequate, and angry with God.  I didn't understand how He could allow me to go through those things, and even have to drag a child along through the process.
I have spent fourteen years, reliving, forgiving, and climbing over all of the guilt an shame of those choices. No, I am not completely finished with it. There is a lot more forgiving, and climbing over that needs to be done, but I am in a much better place now than I was then.
It wasn't until I received a phone call this morning, that gave me a glimpse as to why I was allowed to go through all of it.  The bible says that we suffer so we may in turn comfort others who suffer like us. We are to comfort them just as God comforts us.
I have no idea how or why God feels I am the one for the job.  I just know that without Him and His strength, I would never have been able to let go of the hurt, and move on to what the life He has restored me with.  I only pray that my friend will be able to do the same.  That God will continue to give me the right words, and her the strength to do what needs to do be done, no matter the outcome.
Being on this side, I know it is possible.  I know she is facing a giant, and has been made to feel so inadequate,  that the task at hand seems nearly impossible.
I pray for strength for her, and an abundance of grace and mercy so she may be able to move forward into the life He has for her.  Far away from the hell she has experienced the past few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment