Friday, January 4, 2013

Break Time

So today brought a curve ball.  My daughter called and I needed to pick her up from school.  She was sick.  A quick trip to the doctor confirmed it. Sinus infection.
I brought the kids home, got them settled and went to the store to get some stuff for dinner and to pick up her prescriptions.  I wasn't in the house a full fifteen minutes, when A was on his third or thirteenth question.  I looked at him, shoulders drooping, and asked him to please give me a minute.  "Let me finish what I am doing, and then I'm yours."  He simply smiled, looked up at me and rubbed my arm, "Mommy, it's ok.  Supermommy's can't be super all the time. They can take breaks!"  And off he ran.  I quickly caught him, thanked him for the reminder, and gave him a kiss.
I hung up my cape for the evening, and enjoyed a night of games and kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment