Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Clean Slate

Every new year, we are faced with decisions.  What resolutions are we going to make?  We get caught up in the excitement of getting to start over, and NOW is the time to do it.  Well, I don't know about you, but I have failed way more resolutions than I have succeeded.  I am not trying to tell you, forget about making resolutions, or anything like that. I am just simply stating what is true for me.
This year, I have put serious thought into whether or not to make any at all.  Well, God threw before me a wonderful scripture: Proverbs 29:18  "Where there is no vision, the people perish..."   EEEK!
So here is my one resolution for this new year: To finish what I start, and remember that my God gives me a clean slate every morning!
This seems simple, but for me, it's HUGE!  I have so many unfinished projects and goals, that it's no wonder I feel like I'm drowning half of the time!  I start a project or goal, and then life gets in the way and there is sits.  All of those unfinished projects take up space in whatever  hole they have been shoved into, and weigh down my house.  And me.
The beauty in this resolution, is that I know going into it, that I will not be able to accomplish this.  Not on my own.  Life will happen, God will have other plans for me at times, but His mercies are new EVERY MORNING!  It's ok.  He has filled me with the ability to dream and create.  He has also gifted me with my beautiful children and my hard working husband.  He has filled my cup to the brim, and understands that sometimes, I have to let go of certain things to catch the others.  It's ok.  With His help, I will finish more than I have ever attempted to!  This is the year to start!  Well, finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment