Saturday, December 29, 2012

Memories in the Making

My parents came out for Christmas!  It was really nice getting to see them!  While I do love living in Oklahoma, and the wonderful friends/adopted family we have made, I miss my Mommy and Daddy.  I love that we were able to celebrate the birth of our Savior together again!  God even blessed us with a white Christmas!  If it wasn't for all the warm fuzzy feelings running through all of us, we just might have froze! 
No.  Seriously.  We ran into heating problems, and plumbing problems.  The heater didn't come on the first night, and when we got up enough courage to come out from under the covers, it was about 50˚ in this stinking house!  It was even colder in our bedroom, which is like a meat locker...on a good day.  Then the stupid bathtub sprung a leak and would not stop running.  (I might mention, that our shower was already giving problems, so we were being forced to use the bathtub in the other restroom.)  After spending money and gaining only frustration, a plumber was called out.  Sometimes the money is worth it! We now have both a working shower and bathtub.  The heater,  well, it is just ridiculously retarded. It works when forced.  Maybe I should give it some slack.  I have those days as well.  
All in all, we had a wonderful time, huddled by the fire, drinking hot buttered rum (with homemade buttered rum batter)!  It was fabulous!  Lots of memories made this year for sure!  
It definitely made us thankful that our wonderful Savior is preparing a place for us.  Oh, and there won't be any plumbing or heating issues either! 

John 14:2 - In my Father's house are many rooms...

No comments:

Post a Comment